Gemsbok's First Monologue

Once, on twitter, I asked if anyone wanted to be my nemesis and no one agreed. Later, I looked for other people on twitter who'd asked for to have a nemesis, chose one, and volunteered. His name is the Mirror Man and the alternate identity I developed to oppose him is called Gemsbok, a costumed antagonist who likes gems and dresses like an antelope. This is a record of my first time arching him, as we say in the Guild.

Mirror man! You prismatic fiend! I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me when you blew up my vivianite mine in Namibia. You fool! It takes more than a simple cave-in to defeat the great Gemsbock; I escaped through a secondary mine shaft with a contingent of my best Killdebeests. You, uh, you can't see them right now, but they are here, and they - are - livid.

Mirror Man, reflect on this: When I cut into that meteorite, looking for rare minerals with shock-induced polymorphism, I had no idea it contained your Voidkin. I meant you and your people no harm. Gemsbock does not desire to kill, but only to subjugate all beings in the universe to his perfect crystalline will.

But now, Mirror man, now it is personal! Try to kill me again, and I will not hesitate to reduce you to a shatter of silvery sentient glass. You have made an enemy of me, and in time you shall learn that I am an enemy beyond all reckoning - the greatest nemesis you will ever know. Wherever you go, I will be there, Mirror Man, standing in opposition to you and the achievement of your goals. Until next time, Gemsbock out!

No comments:

Post a Comment